I use Eden brand chickpeas and other beans, because they cook their beans with kombu which adds much needed minerals to the beans. Minerals are needed for better digestion of beans. Serves 3-4 people per can of chickpeas. Use as many cans as you need for the group you are serving.
For each 15-oz. can of chickpeas -
- Drain chickpeas and put in bowl.
- 1/3rd c Vegenaise (made with grape seed oil - no eggs, but does contain soy)
- 1/2 t Basil-Peppercorn Mix. Please see Peppie Basil Mix
- 2T capers drained and chopped
- Mix all together. Can serve right away, but it's best to refrigerate for an hour or overnight before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Mix with or substitute other mild-flavored beans.
- Add 1-2 heirloom tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Add chopped Parsley.
- Add finely chopped onions (raw or cooked), or chives (raw).
- Add finely chopped Pecans, Walnuts, or other nuts of your choice.