|INSIGHTS GAINED AS A RESULT OF EXPERIENCING THIS PROGRAM|
1. That casting for the I-Ching hexagrams pinpoints with great accuracy what my Higher Self suggests that I pay attention to that day: usually this concerns the thoughts, emotions, attitudes, beliefs and ideas that I have most recently expressed.
2. That when I flub up on the drumming, it is usually on the same trigram and/or hexagrams for several days in a row; therefore, I pay attention. This usually concerns 'work in progress' on stored past emotions, attitudes, belief systems, etc.
3. That when I 'hear' a reversed order of the hexagram patterns while drumming, I will profit by paying attention, also, as this usually brings to light a hidden moving line--a hidden agenda.
4. That paying attention to trigrams that are consistently missing from one or more weeks of these sessions also can reap rewards of understanding.
5. That each of the eight universal symbols I worked with really is specific for accessing specific 'layers' of my conscious. subconscious and body memories and for bringing them into focus so the attitudes, emotional charges and belief systems residing in these specific layers can be transformed through the drum/toning process.
6. That some, and perhaps all, of the symbols create specific energy effects when 'drawn' over my palms.
7. That the drumming married to the toning is effective in accomplishing this 'inner work' more efficiently and gently on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels than any other method or technique I have tried.
8. That specific to each vowel sound there seems to be 'hidden' information, wisdom and creativity that we can access, understand and use: symbolically expressed as the following:
AH - the 'Father,' the original expanding force.
OU - (pronounced as in boot) the 'Mother,' gatherer and molder of these expansive energies.
HUM - the 'Womb,' the gestator, the nurturer into form.
EE - the 'Birthing Agent,' brings forth the outer form from within.
EH - (pronounced as in day) the 'Offspring,' second generation expansion.
OH - Life's en-cod-ing (en-cOH-ding), balances the Trinity of expressions, balances 'inner' and 'outer,' stabilizes while allowing orderly change.
9. That there is an additional useful tool for interpreting mandalas: use of the Nine Eye Modes, which allows accurate identification of particular emotions that are 'on line' during this drum/toning process.
10. That while drumming the I-Ching patterns, we probably are also addressing deep issues of ONENESS versus SEPARATION brought 'on line' by using the Eye Mode of holding the eyes straight down.
11. That sometimes I can feel/intuit the energies underlying the concepts symbolized by the particular hexagram patterns I am drumming.
12. That a Blue Buddha exists somewhere. (Later I learned that in Tibet a Blue Buddha is used in healing!)
13. That there are twelve Buddhic Circles - 'somewhere.' I still haven't learned anything more about this insight.
14. That even though my physical body is white Caucasian of western European genetic heritage, and I was born and live on the North American continent and was raised in the Protestant Christian faith, two 'foreign' symbolic themes kept recurring during this process:
ASIAN BUDDHIST: the Blue Buddha (Tibetan), Borobudur Temple (Indonesia) and other Chinese symbols.
NORTH AMERICAN NATIVE: A personal chakra totem pole, from crown to root consisting of: great horned owl, American eagle, gray owl, thunderbird (which has since transmuted into the Andean condor), wolf, cougar, brown bear; Sioux braves and Eastern Native canoes. My usual feline symbol, the lioness (the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet), became a cougar this time, shifting from African/Egyptian to North American.
15. That when I just trust and have faith in this drum/toning process, all will work out for my highest good, without my having to use the 'left brain' process of rehashing THE STORY.
16. That the most valuable aspect of drum/toning the I-Ching patterns over time may turn out to be that this process allows us humans to sustain an altered state of consciousness - similar to a shamanic state - along with and in support of our daily waking state of consciousness! In time and with regular practice, we may notice that we are sustaining this combined or enlarged state of consciousness for longer and longer periods of time, thus benefitting all aspects of our lives.